Welcome to my Blog! Hello, my name is MaryLouise and I am a Special Education Language Arts Teacher. I have utilized my lesson plans and other original teaching material to create picture books, workbooks, nonfiction and fiction articles and teacher's guides for educational resources.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Today's Topic: Reuse, Recycle and Reinvent


Chris and Jon under the young Kwanzan Cherry Tree.
Yesterday my doorbell rang and I was pleasantly surprised to find 3 young gentleman offering to cut my Kwanzan Cherry Tree for free! I was very skeptical at first, but they said they were from Sykesville Flower Farm and were interested in the branches. Why? They explained that the branches would be placed in a greenhouse with high humidity and forced to bloom. I was told that my beautiful double blossomed branches would be used for weddings, parties, and even TV commercials. Wow! I never thought that those overgrown branches could be used that way.
This caused me to reflect on all of my stacks of writing and artwork that I could be sifting through to revise and submit to alternate publishers.


Jake Durr, Robert Probeck and Dylan Butchin from the
Sykesville Flower Farm in Burlington, New Jersey. (609-723-6264)

No comments:

Post a Comment